Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I know this is an eating blog, but I am turning it i to more of a health blog.

An extract from the running blog...

I was a little nervous when waiting in the doctor's surgery this morning. I guess I was thinking of all that could be wrong and the implications that would have. I needn't have worried, as the blood tests indicated that I am in really good shape which surprised both the doc and myself.

It did say that I am still getting over a virus (which we knew as I have still had a sore throat/tired etc.) however my imunity/white blood cells were OK, liver and kidney functions were perfect, colesterol, Iron, and blood sugar levels were A1. I think my doc was a bit surprised of how good the numbers were considering some of the lifestyle issues. Happy days!

It still begs the questions what has/is wrong with me? It is probably one of two things 1) I was simply run down and was unlucky to pick up a few bugs one after another or 2) I have something else going on such as a disease (e.g. ross river fever etc) or other unlikley problems for someone my age (e.g. prostate). Let's cross our fingers for 1.

The good news is that he wants me to get back into full training to test whether the symptoms return. If I am OK, all should be fine and if I am not, further tests will need to be done.

I can't think of a better test than sixfoot ;-)

Some numbers (that I understand) for the record:

Colestrerol = 4.1 (3.5-6.4)
Sugar levels: = 5.6% (4.3-6.3)
Blood pressure - 100/60


1 comment:

inhisshadow said...

Long time no update....what's happening to the grand eating plan??